*CONTEST IS CLOSED AND BOTH WINNERS HAVE BEEN EMAILED!!
Those of you who have my Italian Cuisine or Thai Cuisine books know how much I love the Paderno Spiralizer and now I love it even MORE because they just launched a re-designed 4-blade model that is really stinking AWESOME! In the new and improved model, they’ve included a fourth blade to make angel hair noodles, as well as reduced the size of the coring blade to reduce waste, which is so great as compared to the older model. My kids LOVE the spiralizer and it’s brought noodles back into our lives again. There are so many things you can do with this awesome tool and if your family doesn’t have one, well you’re really missing out on the great fun to be had if you did have one in your kitchen arsenal. Now that this product is available, you can find it here on Amazon and even better – Paderno would like to give to my audience two free spiralizers to two lucky people!!!!!
All you have to do to enter to win is this:
1.) Share this blog post on your Facebook page
2.) Leave a comment below telling me why you want this spiralizer!
One winner will be randomly selected on 10/20/14 and will be contacted via email. I will also announce the winners on this post so stay tuned!
Giveaway open to USA residents only.
sugo alla puttanesca
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons lard, butter, or ghee
1 yellow onion, finely diced 3 garlic cloves, minced
1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
1 tablespoon anchovy fillets, finely minced
2 tablespoons capers
1 6-ounce can whole black olives
1⁄2 teaspoon red chili flakes
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Zucchini Noodles using the Paderno 4-blade Spiralizer ( I like using the angle hair pasta blade)
1. In a large saucepan, heat the lard, butter, or ghee over medium-high heat, and sauté the onion until translucent.
2. Add the garlic, and sauté just until fragrant.
3. Add the tomatoes, and bring them to a simmer, breaking down the whole
tomatoes with a spoon.
4. Add the anchovies and capers, mix well, and simmer for 5-10 min.
5. Add the olives, red chili flakes, extra virgin olive oil, Italian parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes, and serve over the zucchini noodles or over any meat such as meatballs, steak, or chicken. (pictured is pan seared chicken breast).
*affiliate links are used in this post.