Today’s post comes from Dana, our newest addition to the EP Team. She is a busy career woman and mom, but within the last year, has gained confidence preparing healthy delicious Paleo meals for her “boys-on-the-go!” Enjoy!
Spicy Bison & Sausage Meat Muffins!
2 lbs. bison (or ground beef)
1/2 lb. mild Italian sausage (US Wellness Meats)
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (be sure to drain the juice!)
1 diced onion
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. Italian seasonings
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (Please Note: I set my oven to Convection, so it cooked these more quickly! You will need to watch your cook time carefully, depending on your oven)
2. Lightly grease muffin pans with coconut oil. I used regular and mini-muffin pans, just for fun, and also to make more leftovers: Ready for lunchboxes, afterschool snacks, and fuel for when they come home starving after baseball practices!
3. Once you’ve drained the juice from your tomatoes, put them in a food processor with your onion. Add this mixture to all your other ingredients in one big bowl and knead it all together. Make quick meatballs and put them in your muffin tins.
4. I took the mini-muffin sized cupcakes out after 15 mins. I cooked the regular sized cupcakes for an additional 8 mins.
5. We served these with a side of steamed brocolli and cauliflower. ( My kiddos love their veggies, but they’ve got to be Plain!)
OH ! And it’s really fun, after dinner, to show this picture…
and say… “HERE’s WHAT YOU JUST ATE! “
I hope this recipe helps you save time, tickles your tastebuds and encourages you in your own busy life!