THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED SHORTLY. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING!
Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine is almost here. Crazy!!! It’s May, which means that according to my calculations, July 23rd will arrive in approximately five minutes, or at least I know it will feel that way!! Final details are just about wrapped up and the book will soon be off to print and that has given me a bit of time to squeeze in a GIVEAWAY (or two) in honor of your dedication and patience as I know you all have been depressed and saddened that this book is not yet in your hands!!!
Ok, all joking aside; I’m going to offer you a sneak peak recipe from the highly anticipated Everyday Paleo Around the World Italian Cuisine! I’ll also share a few other glimpses into the book in which I literally take you around Italy right along with us!
Pictured above is the POSSIBLE new cover – if not this one it will be very similar and however it turns out ultimately I’m very happy with this design. It embodies the love, intimacy, and vibrancy that literally was our trip to Italy.
For those of you wondering what this book is all about; here’s the description you will find on the back cover!
“Part travelogue, part lifestyle guide, this is not just another Italian cookbook. In
Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine, Sarah has perfected the art of
Italian cooking for the Paleo or gluten-free family—all 100 amazingly delicious,
truly authentic recipes are grain-, dairy-, and legume-free.
The recipes are drawn from Sarah’s travels throughout Italy, where she spent
time learning from—and cooking with—top chefs, home cooks, and local farmers.
Because of the variety of her experiences, she has much more to share than just
recipes. Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine provides an intimate
look into the lives of the Italian people and their unique food-centered culture.
Immerse yourself in the simple pleasure of eating what’s in season and often
growing right outside the doorstep, grazing in the fields, or swimming in the sea
nearby. Discover the value of slowing down and savoring the whole process,
from the initial gathering of the ingredients to enjoying the people around the
table as much as the food on your plate. This sensibility is what makes Everyday
Paleo Around the World not just a cookbook, but a perspective-shifting gem,
sure to inspire great dinners and dinner conversation!
As an added bonus, Sarah shares tips for anyone planning a trip to Italy: learn
the best ways to navigate the country and stay Paleo and gluten-free during your
travels. Grab your passport, pack your suitcase, and join the Fragoso family on a
mouth-watering Paleo adventure in Italy!”
As I mentioned earlier in the post, I have some tantalizing giveaways to offer as a thank you and a celebration of the “It’s Almost Here Moment” and I promise you there is much more to come! After the sneak peak recipe of Lamb with Aromatic Herbs and other snapshots of the book; you will find all the important giveaway information so be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the JUICY details!!!
This recipe is one of my personal favorites in the book and classically rustic Italian.
Besides several delicious Italian meat dishes you will find An Entire Pizza Section, An Entire Section dedicated to Sauces, Sides, and First Courses, Desserts like Panna Cotta and Tiramisu and LASAGNA with a Bechamel Sauce that literally has changed my life for the better!!
Here’s a few more glimpses of what’s to come!
This book has truly been a gift to write and I’m honored to be able to share it with all of you very soon and as mentioned early, I’m kicking off the impending release with some fabulous giveaways! Here’s what’s up for grabs. Please read to the bottom so that you know how to enter to win!
(No purchase necessary, I was not paid to promote these products, I love and use this stuff, I want to do this giveaway and made the decision to do so all by myself – no bribing or coercing from anyone was involved.)
LAST MINUTE ENTRY BY STEVE’S PALEO GOODS!
FOUR PEOPLE WILL WIN A STEVE’S CLUB SAMPLER PACK!!!
1. Nourished App Downloads! Five lucky people will win a free download of the brand new recipe app from Nourished Grain Free Recipes! This app works for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. You can store your cooking history, create shopping lists, and find amazing recipes by well-known bloggers (I’m even in there too a few times!!!) all at your fingertips. I personally love and use this app and recommend it highly!
2. A copy of Digestive Health with REAL Food by Aglaée Jacob, M.S., R.D.! One person will win this beautiful book is designed to help you learn about FODMAPS, SIBO, non-responsive celiac disease, food sensitivities and much much more! Included in Digestive Health with REAL food you will find meal & snack recipes and ideas, helpful charts, food lists and meal plan examples – not to mention the beautiful photography and easy to understand road map of what foods work for you if you are having digestive issues. AWESOME book that I’m sure will benefit many, many people!
3. A signed copy of The Paleo Coach by our very own Jason Seib! One person will win! In The Paleo Coach, Expert Advice for Extraordinary Health, Sustainable Fat Loss and an Incredible Body – you’ll find out that the secret is, there are NO secrets. Jason lays it down for you how to be “Healthy by Choice and Hot by Accident.” The reviews of this book tell it all and work on the street is simple; this book is truly changing lives. Everyone needs a perspective shift and The Paleo Coach offers anyone, new or old to this “getting healthy game” a much needed kick in the pants!
4. A One Year Print Subscription to Paleo Magazine!!! One person will win! I love love love this magazine and learn something new from every issue I receive. Paleo Magazine offers a quality product with so much thought and information put into each issue, you feel like you’re receiving a treasure trove of goodness every time a new magazine arrives in your mailbox!
5. A signed copy of the new and beautiful paleo book Gather by the Food Lovers Bill and Hayley! One person will win! This is a coffee table book, conversation starter, true piece of artwork, and a way to show your friend, neighbors, and loved ones that eating paleo and entertaining with paleo foods is not a boring slab of meat and side of veggies. Bill and Hayley take you on a magical food adventure creating entire meals for every occasion in which you would “Gather” from birthday celebrations, spring time garden parties, to fall harvest feasts. Holy guacamole – whoever wins this book is one lucky dog and if you don’t win it – BUY IT!
6. A signed copy of Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine! One person will win! As soon as I receive pre-release copies of the book, one lucky person will win one of the first copies of my new baby and you will have it well before anyone else can even get their little paws on it!!
7. A box of each type of EPIC Bar and an EPIC Bar T-shirt!!! One person will win! Brand new on the scene and beyond delicious, easy, and nutrition – the new EPIC bars, are, well, totally Epic. Made with grass fed beef, grass fed bison, or turkey, you will NOT find any gluten, soy, dairy, or unnecessary fillers in these convenient protein packed bars. I first sampled EPIC bars at PaleoFX and skeptical is my middle name, thus I fired away questions, scowled and growled, not wanting to like a “paleo bar” however; I was won over with the very first bite. You. Must. Try.
8. A combo pack of Duck Fat and Beef Tallow from Fatworks! One person will win! In Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine you will find my suggestions in several recipes that call for cooking in ANIMAL fat rather than the standard extra virgin olive oil that most Italians use. Back in the day, Italians used predominantly animal fats for cooking and at the END of the cooking process would add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and I followed suit in this book. The Duck Fat and Beef Tallow from Fatworks is outstanding and has made my culinary adventures so much more rewarding and delicious. As I type, I eat eggs from my chickens fried in Fatworks Duck Fat and there’s no turning back. I’m forever hooked and I know you will be too. I stand behind this product and recommend HIGHLY that if you are not the lucky winner, you try this stuff for yourself because either way you’ll feel like you have won the grand prize!
9. A mixed case of grain free pasta from Cappello’s which includes their Fettuccine, Gnocchi, and Lasagna noodles!! One person will win! I recently discovered Cappello’s and as mentioned earlier, being the skeptic that I am, wasn’t entirely sure this was a product I would even like, much less trust. Again, I was proven wrong. Capello’s offers grain free pasta made with these following ingredients: almond flour, cage-free eggs, tapioca flour, potato starch, xanthan gum, sea salt. Yes, I consider this pasta a treat – and an awesome way to celebrate Italian food at it’s finest without the traditional gluten flour based pasta dishes. I also recommend in the book to use vegetables as noodles but if you are looking to have a special meal with something that is really like the “real deal” I highly recommend Cappello’s products!
10. $100 gift certificate from Massa Natural Meats!!! One person will win! Make your meat choice, stock your freezer and be ready for the release of Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine! Massa is my personal beef and lamb provider and their meat is what I used to recreate the delicious Italian recipes that you’ll find in the new book. Grass fed/grass finished and raised the way animals are intended to be raised; it really doesn’t get better than this. I trust Massa Natural Meats. I know the folks who run the company. I have faith in what they do and what they stand for.
That’s 14 winners total including the 5 downloads for the Nourished App!
Now for the fun – HOW TO WIN!! No purchase is necessary and you have several options to enter. All winners will be picked by random. Your chance to win will end on Sunday, May 19th at 12:00 am PST. Winners will be contacted via email or facebook and once the winners respond, they will be announced at the top of this blog post. Time is limited so please help me spread the word!
2. Head over to my Facebook Page, find the post in which I mention this blog post, and SHARE IT with your friends – and of course post to comments that you did so!!!! : )
3. Like my Facebook Page and the pages of those who are giving away these awesome products and post to comments that you did that too. To make it easy for you, here’s the links to the above mentioned facebook pages.
4. Be an over-achiever and do all 3 of the above mentioned things! Even if you do not win, you will forever be a superstar in my heart.
Thank you all so much for your continued support and as always, enjoy!