The kids are on spring break this week and it’s been nice to avoid the usual hectic morning rush and sleep in a little bit! This morning, after John left for work, it was only Jaden and I who were awake so he created this frittata to share with his brothers and with all of you!
Jaden’s Frittata Creation
1 cup diced ham
1 small yellow summer squash, diced
1 cup finely diced broccoli florets
1/2 cup finely diced sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
7 eggs, whisked
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In the bottom of an oven proof 10 inch skillet, melt a big spoonful of coconut oil over medium heat.
3. Add the onions and broccoli and saute until the onions are translucent.
4. Add the squash, ham, and sun dried tomatoes and saute together for another 4-5 minutes or until the squash is tender. Evenly spread the mixture over the bottom of the skillet.
5. Whisk together the eggs and pour them over the veggie/ham mixture in the skillet, turn down to medium low and cook until you see the edges firming up around the frittata.
6. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the frittata is set all the way through. You can finish it under the broiler on low for a minute or two if you like.
7. Slice like a pizza and enjoy! Serves 3-4