First of all, I must extend enormous amounts of gratitude towards Jason, Katie, and Dean who have been submitting excellent articles for Everyday Paleo in order to keep this boat afloat! Also a HUGE thank you to Dain who is back in action and helping to run things. It’s important to note that without Dain, there simply would not even be a boat – so thank you Dain, thank you, thank you, thank you….
With that being said, I obviously have not been blogging as much as I normally do because I have been hard at work on my next project. I am dying to tell you all about that next project, but I can’t yet; but I will soon, so stay tuned.
I did however put the project aside and took a few minutes yesterday afternoon to put together a new recipe to share with you all here on the blog and let me tell you, this meal was good; I mean REALLY good. So good in fact that it made Rowan dance.
Mango Chicken Salad with Chipotle Mayo
4-5 bacon strips, diced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
3 cups already cooked chicken, diced (I used leftover grilled chicken breasts)
1 cup mango, diced
1/2 cup homemade paleo mayo – mix in chipotle powder to taste (this stuff is spicy so start with a small amount and work your way up from there)
Shredded romaine lettuce leaves
Sliced almonds as a garnish
1) In a medium sized skillet cook the bacon until almost crisp.
2) Add the diced red pepper and diced jalapeno and cook until the peppers are soft and the bacon is completely crisped.
3) Add the chicken and cook until warmed through (if you are using raw chicken, cook until the chicken is not longer pink in the middle)
4) Add the diced mango and cook until warmed through, about another 2 minutes.
5) Serve each plate with a pile of romaine, a scoop of the chicken mixture, and a drizzle of the chipotle mayo. Top with sliced almonds if desired. This served 2 adults and 1 hungry almost 4 year old so if I were making this for our entire family of 5 for dinner I would double it and so should you!!