Next Saturday, Feb. 18, I get to trek to Southern California. I am very excited for my visit to CrossFit Anaerobic in Laguna Niguel, CA for a special half day Everyday Paleo Workshop! Space is limited, so please click here to register today. Hope to see you there!
* Here’s another great post by Jason Seib!
Sorry for the silence on my part lately. EPLifeFit is booming and keeping me quite busy. Excuses, excuses…
I often preach the merits of proper perspective (here, for example) and today I just want to give you a quick example of what can happen if your head is in the right place. I would like you to meet Laura. When Laura first came to me she was an avid runner, tried to “eat right”, and hadn’t ever really spent any time lifting weights. All in all, she was very much the average person to walk through our door – her head was full of common exercise and nutrition myths and she was unhappy.
Finally, the time has come to announce and introduce to you:
Over the past several months, Jason Seib and I have been working together to create EPLifeFit, in hopes that this will be the missing link for many of you on your paleo journey. As trainers, we are both incredibly passionate about fitness and how it should be made to fit into a paleo lifestyle and we both have been frustrated and concerned that we simply could not give you exactly what you need; beyond some futile suggestions and blogs written in the form of begging folks to lift weights and get moving. Of course the questions keep coming; how do we do it, what do we do, what do we need, where do we go?
Jason and I both have families with three children, dogs, chickens, after school functions, before school functions, businesses to run, and lives to live and we know how hard it can be to make this lifestyle work AND add in a fitness plan, so we created Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness which is designed to work for anyone and the answers are now literally at your fingertips.
EPLifeFit is not just about fitness, it’s a community, a support network, a way to access Jason, myself, my husband who is an award winning chiropractor and mobility expert, as well as a team of knowledgable moderators simply by opening up your computer.
EPLifeFit is also about lifestyle and nutrition, a way to access information that before we simply did not have the ability to give to you; but now we can. I could go on and on but instead, please go check out Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness for yourself, see all that it has to offer, and once you join, we’ll see you there, ready to help.
As always, Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! No, this is not a Thanksgiving-themed podcast; just wanted to wish you well. The site has tons of great Thanksgiving feast solutions so don’t be afraid to go searching!
Covered in this episode of Paleo Talk:
- Don’t I know you ladies from somewhere?
- Another birth control method is brought up by a listener: Fertility Awareness Method. Also the IUD and other methods.
- The vinegar thing.
- Kid is hungry all the time and I don’t want to withhold.
- PMS food cravings.
- Losing fat while nursing.
- Thanksgiving final thoughts.
Hello folks – got another fireball of an episode for ya! The three of us take a good 15 minutes in the beginning to discuss our lives and make a few apologies. We eventually get to business with some great questions from y’all. To add, I would like to petition that we make “y’all” the official U.S. plural second-person pronoun.
Inside Episode 22 of Paleo Talk:
- After tracking behavior of young son – Possible Aspergers diagnosis in future. Wait to introduce Paleo living?
- 27yr old male wants to know the basic ins and outs of this lifestyle. We don’t go over basics very often, decided this was a good time to do so.
- Omega 3/6 ratio of nuts and how to not go neurotic with tracking all this stuff. (Hint: dont)
- Birth Control hormone concerns. We talk about methods of contraception in this part as tactfully as possible. I think we did an OK job.
- How do we handle Halloween with all the candy?
- New to Paleo, with dairy cut out where am I supposed to get calcium?
Howdy all! We present to you Paleo Talk Episode 21. This is a shorter one, and we keeps it light. To start off, we hear from our friend the Honey Badger hunter!
Inside Episode 21:
- Australian woman on a mission to spread the Paleo word – having problems leaning out. Her URL: noisecolourlife.tumblr.com
- Canadian Paleo family – Kids in school and bring own lunch. Two kids, need lunch ideas.
- Paleo preparedness. Hurricanes and other natural disasters.
- Destroyed a grassfed chuck roast in the pressure cooker. What went wrong, how can I fix? Dry rub suggestions.
The crew is back for real with Paleo Talk podcast – Episode 20!
Sarah, Chrissy and Dain are back in the same room – yes there is giggling and good times. If you’re one of those fun-haters that is annoyed by jovial goofiness, then go read the sidewall of a tire. While it’s in motion.
Inside Paleo Talk 20:
- Adrenal Fatigue – how Sarah dealt with it.
- Puree veggies in order to get kids to eat them. Bad Idea?
- Juice for kids. An OK beverage or worse than crack?
- Looking for a chip. Crunchy, slightly salty, satisfying?
- A mysterious badass has a desert job that involves walking up to 20 miles a day. How to take care of oneself?
- New mom is trying to do this deal while nursing the baby and is wondering why she can’t get to hot-mom status quicker.