As most of you know, my new book and the first in the Everyday Paleo Around the World Series, will be hitting the shelves on July 23rd. Our first stop in the series was Italy; and therefore, the 1st book is all about our adventures traveling throughout the country, as well as over 100 authentic Italian recipes (all made paleo) brought back to you straight from the source. I had the extreme honor of cooking with several chefs, home cooks, farmers, and families and was totally immersed in the culture. The trip was unbelievable, crazy, stressful, fun, and ultimately life changing in a very positive way. In Everyday Paleo Around the World Italian Cuisine, I take you on our journey with us in a travelogue and share what we learned from the Italian culture. Our experience in Italy had so much impact on how I view life as a whole; not to mention my health and how off target we seem to be back home in this intensely fast paced country that we live in. The recipes that you will find in the book are simply out of this world. Every single recipe I learned was tested in my own kitchen over and over until they were all spot on and delicious. You will taste and see the authenticity in each dish, and of course, I added my own personal touch to each recipe – ultimately everything in the book is totally paleo (with only one dessert exception that has some dairy).
EVERYTHING – even the “pasta and pizza” recipes are made with whole food ingredients and are completely grain free; but you’ll never miss a beat and I can guarantee that the food will surprise and delight even your most non-paleo friends and family. I was also happily surprised to learn the diversity of Italian cuisine while on our trip. Italy is overflowing with an abundance of fresh vegetables, fruit, and amazing meat offerings such as – lamb, beef, chicken, fish and more adventurous options like rabbit, and mutton. You will find it all in this book with substitution ideas for those who can’t or do not want to go the adventurous route. Also, the sauces! It’s really all about the sauce and I offer plenty of choices of what you can use as a pasta replacement. Oh, and did I say Lasagna yet? NO? Ok, well I just said it. Mind-blowing good. Oh my gosh, I didn’t mention the Gnocchi! Yes, there’s a gnocchi recipe as well. Real food made with real ingredients! I can’t wait for you all to enjoy the delicious comfort of Italian Cuisine. I get weekly requests from my family for not only the lasagna but also the Baked “Ziti”, the Lamb with Aromatic Herbs, and the Herbed Chicken with Pancetta, oh, and the Burro e Oro sauce, and the PIZZA! Ok, I could go on and on but you want to know the juicy details about the giveaway; so here we go!
Let’s go to Italy together and explore one of the most breathtaking regions that we visited!! Not kidding, just read below.
Really it’s simple. You have the opportunity to go to Italy for FREE and not just to go go but to go Everyday Paleo style. The amazing people over at The Trip Tribe have created an Everyday Paleo Italy Adventure to the beautiful Marche region; which happens to be one of the places we visited on our trip. Even if you do not win, I still want to go to Italy with you!!! It will be an epic adventure; follow this link to see how you can be a part of the trip!
Here are the details of what’s in store:
ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will receive a trip for two, including round trip airfare and EVERYTHING that is listed in the Everyday Paleo Italy Adventure. The winner will also receive a signed copy of Everyday Paleo Around the World Italian Cuisine, a one year FREE membership to Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness, and 5 sneak peak recipes from my next book, Everyday Paleo Around the World Thai Cuisine!! Mind-blowing?? Yes!! Ok, now check out the details:
Everyday Paleo Italy Adventure
Join Sarah Fragoso, June 1-7, 2014 on a 6 night / 7 day adventure to Italy to experience first-hand the many inspirations that led to her newest book – Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine. Guests will be staying in a majestic castle nestled at the top of a medieval town with breathtaking views of the Adriatic Sea. The palace boasts 32 bedrooms, 16 bathrooms, 7 kitchens, 3 saloons, 2 swimming pools, 2 giant jacuzzis, and a sauna – all of which is reserved exclusively for the Everyday Paleo group. With 18th century frescoed ceilings and furnishings that include antique furniture and old master paintings, be prepared to immerse yourself in living art and history!
The itinerary is still being built, but guests can expect an amazing week of activities, including:
- 6 nights / 7 days of lodging in a medieval castle located in Petritoli, Italy
- Everyday Paleo meals (2 meals daily)
- Welcome reception and dinner with Sarah Fragoso
- Workout sessions with Sarah from the Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness program
- Cooking lessons
- Truffle hunting and hiking
- Wine vineyard tour and tasting
- Yoga on the beach
- Tour of Petritoli
- Ground transportation
With plenty of free time, guests can enjoy other activities, including:
- Sunbathing on the beach
- Wind surfing
- Hot air balloon rides
- Horseback riding
Please click here for more information about actual trip and how you can go; even if you do not win the grand prize. The Trip Tribe is an unbelievable company and I’m so proud to be partnered with them. They are helping to make all of this possible and I am so excited to see several of you next year in Italy!! So, PACK YOUR BAGS and request June 1st-7th 2014 off from work! To recap: the GRAND PRIZE is a trip for two to the Everyday Paleo Italy Adventure including airfare, a signed copy of Everyday Paleo Around the World Italian Cuisine, a one year FREE membership to Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness, and 5 sneak peak recipes from my next book, Everyday Paleo Around the World Thai Cuisine!!
Now, for the next AMAZING prize:
A trip for two to the next Everyday Paleo Workshop located in beautiful Denver, CO on August 24th!! The prize will include round trip airfare for two, accommodations, and admission for two to the Everyday Paleo Workshop which will be at the amazing eden restaurant. The workshop includes a Paleo lunch and the winner will also receive a signed copy of Everyday Paleo Around the World Italian Cuisine and a signed copy of The Paleo Coach, by Jason Seib. If you enter to win and you have ALREADY signed up for the workshop; you will be reimbursed for your flights and accommodations that you’ve already paid for.
And the FINAL PRIZE!!
An Everyday Paleo Italy Pack from Massa Natural Meats!! This package will give the winner everything they need and more to get started on cooking the amazing recipes from Everyday Paleo Around the World Italian Cuisine! Even better? Everyone is a winner as Massa has offered a 10% discount to our readers through the month of July on ANY of the Massa Packages available on their website, including the Everyday Paleo Italy Pack and even the 1/8th through whole beef packages! Simple use the code: EDPItaly at checkout to receive your 10% discount!
2 Filet Mignon
4 Lamb Rib Chops
1 Rump Roast
1 Top Round Roast
1 Chuck Roast
1 Package Beef Short Ribs
10 Packages Ground Beef
4 Packages Stew Beef
Minimum 24 pounds of meat and a $215 value!!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – HOW TO ENTER THIS CONTEST!!
There are only 2 ways to enter this contest; no purchase necessary and all winners will be picked completely at random. The contest for THE GRAND PRIZE trip to Italy and the Massa Natural Meats prize will officially be closed Saturday, September 7th at 12:00 am PST. The winner of the Grand Prize is open to anyone world wide, the winners of the Everyday Paleo Workshop and Massa Natural Meats prizes are only available to those in the United States. Winners of the Italy travel package MUST be either a current passport holder or eligible and able to obtain a passport prior to June 1st 2014. If the winner does not meet these requirements, they will automatically be disqualified and a new contestant will be randomly chosen. The winner of the prize to our workshop in Denver, CO being held on August 24th will be announced on Thursday, August 1st. The winner of this prize will still be eligible to win the Grand Prize that will be announced on September 7th. In order to enter you must do one OR both of the following listed below. You can enter as many times as you like and the details of how to do so are below.
1. Pre-order or purchase Everyday Paleo Around the World Italian Cuisine and email your proof of purchase to email@example.com. You may enter as many times as you like buy purchasing multiple books SEPARATELY and sending in each SEPARATE proof of purchase. For example; buy 5 books on Amazon, but make the purchases separate from one another and email in 5 different emails to firstname.lastname@example.org each containing the proof of purchase that you receive from Amazon. Once the book is released, if you purchase multiple books in stores, you will have to either purchase them separately or send multiple copies of the single receipt – scan your receipt, and email to email@example.com. Finally, to complete your entry, please follow this link to the Everyday Paleo Italy Adventure Trip and hit the Crave It button and follow the directions. Everyone who Craves this trip will automatically win a $50 e-gift card that can be used towards a future trip. So ultimately, everyone is a winner!
2. Make a Paleo Commercial! This can be whatever you wish it to be but get creative!! The video must be longer than 30 seconds and no longer than 5 minutes. Videos must be viewer appropriate for all ages as some videos will be used on this blog and/or Facebook. If the content is deemed as inappropriate (vulgarity, nudity, or any underlying tone of nastiness) your video will be disqualified from the contest. Suggestions: Shoot a cooking demo of an original recipe with your family or one of your favorite Everyday Paleo recipes. Make up a song about Paleo! Make up a silly or real Paleo Product and shoot an “infomercial”. Be as silly, serious, heartfelt, tear jerking, sincere, goofball, or crazy as you want to be but just please keep it family friendly and clean. Upload your video to YouTube, list it as private, but give permission to firstname.lastname@example.org to view it (Sarah Fragoso) and email the link to your video to email@example.com. Remember to ALLOW firstname.lastname@example.org to view your video!!!! By emailing your video, you are automatically entered to win AND you are granting Everyday Paleo permission to use your video on either the Everyday Paleo blog and/or the Everyday Paleo Facebook/Twitter page. Finally, to finalize your entry please follow this link to the Everyday Paleo Italy Adventure Trip and hit the Crave It button and follow the directions. Everyone who Craves this trip will automatically win a $50 e-gift card that can be used towards a future trip. So again, ultimately, everyone is a winner!
Ok folks, I think that’s it. Let’s do this thing! Please please please share this post with all of your friends on Facebook, spread the word, and get yourself entered to win so we can hang out in beautiful Italy! Also, stay tuned to the Everyday Paleo Facebook page as I will be making updates and most likely some surprise giveaways as we approach the release date! I can’t wait to see you in Italy and I hope you enjoy the book.
Finally THANK YOU – a huge heartfelt thank you. I am as always truly honored, humbled, and amazed at your continued support.